Guided tour in Rio de Janeiro
Nature Beauties Tour (6 hours)
- Parque Lage (Public Park) - Chinese View – Tijuca National Park – Barra da Tijuca Beach – Lunch – São Conrado Beach – Leblon Belvedere – Ipanema and Copacabana Beaches
- Christ the Redeemer OR Sugar Loaf (optional upgrade to 8-hour tour)
- Licensed guide speaking English, German, Italian and Portuguese
- Transportation in a private car and public LRV (Light Rail Vehicle)
- Pick-up and drop-off in your Hotel in Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Downtown and Barra da Tijuca neighborhoods
- Pick-up time according to guests wishes
- 6-hour tour – When visiting the Tijuca Forest
- Optional: 8-hour tour – When visiting Christ the Redeemer OR Sugar Loaf
- Tickets to the tourist sites and transport (Tram, Taxi etc), when applicable
- Meals and Beverages
After pick-up at the Hotel, our tour will head to Parque Lage, a public park in the city of Rio de Janeiro, located in the Jardim Botânico neighborhood at the feet of the Corcovado Mountain.
The land was formerly the residence of industrialist Enrique Lage and his wife, singer Gabriella Besanzoni. During the 1920s, Lage had the mansion remodeled by Italian architect Mario Vodrel and you will feel like being in a real Italian Villa in the tropics.
In the 1960’s the site became a public park, counting with walking trails (the main leading to the Christ the Redeemer, a medium to difficult trail) in the Mata Atlântica. Appart from the Café inside the main house, visitors can also explore a mini aquarium, a man made cave, a Tower, a small lake and a Playground for children. Today the house is a school for visual arts (Escola de Artes Visuais do Parque Lage).
From there we will head to the Chinese View, the Emperor’s Table and the Tijuca National Park itself. In the Park you will have the opportunity to make an easy trail into the forest and walk inside of the Atlantic Forest. A unique experience to get to know Brazilian trees and also the ones that were introduced in the country, such as the Jaca (Jackfruit). If you are lucky, you will be able to see animals such as Marmosets, monkeys, South American coatis (similar to a raccoon), squirrels, toucans, to name a few.
We will then drive to Barra da Tijuca Beach, have lunch in a typical kiosk at Praia do Pepê and learn about this much modern part of the city. With its large streets and Shopping Malls, the visitor will see a much more planned urban area, which started to be built during the 60’s.
On our way back to the Hotel, the visitors will see São Conrado Beach, where the landing of the Hang-gliding and Paragliding take place. Next we will be able to stop at one of the most famous Viewpoints of the city, namely Mirante do Leblon, from there one can see the Beaches from Leblon and Ipanema. At last, we will drive along the most famous beach in the world: the Copacabana Beach!
- Use comfortable shoes for walking on uneven sidewalks
- Carry a copy of ID OR Passport
- Use Sunscreen even with cloudy weather
- Use Repellent
- Use Sunglasses, Hat or Cap
- Drink a lot of water or coconut water
- Carry with you only small amount of money
- Do not wear fancy watches or jewels
- Professional Photo cameras keep them in a bag when not in use