Guided Tour in the Açude Museum
- Chinese View - Emperor’s Table – Açude Museum – Mindfullness Meditation (or other Well-being activity) – Contemporary Works of Art – Trail - Picnic
The tour includes:
- Licensed guide speaking English, German, Italian and Portuguese
- Transportation in a private car with air-conditioning
- Pick-up and drop-off in your Hotel in Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Downtown and Barra da Tijuca neighbourhood
Does not include:
- Tickets to the Museum
- Meals and Beverages
The city of Rio has amazing spots, some of them almost unexplored. What about spending some hours in the middle of the Rainforest, practicing some Meditation, and appreciating works of art, at the same time getting to know more about the Brazilian history and culture?
We will explore the Açude Museum, located in the Tijuca National Park, in the Alto da Boa Vista neighborhood. In a quiet and sheltered place, I invite you to experience some Mindfullness Meditation (*), dedicating some minutes to make a connection with yourselves and the present moment.
(*) Instead of the Mindfullness Meditation session, the guest can chose among other Well-being activities such as a Yoga practicing, a Stretching session, a Pilates class, a Painting / Drawing experience. All this activities will be charged extra according to availability of the professional and the practice.
After that we will relax whilst exploring Castro Maya’s House, learning more about Maya’s life, works and legacy, since he was a successful entrepreneur, art collector and one of the first Brazilian environmental protectors.
Apart from Maya’s Portuguese tiles collection and furniture, we will admire contemporary works of art strategically placed in the beautiful gardens of the property.
At our way back to the Hotel, we will have a drop-off at the Chinese View, for me, one of the most stunning views from the city of Rio de Janeiro.
- Use comfortable shoes for walking on trails
- Wear long comfortable trousers for stretching or trekking
- Bring some snacks (cereal bar, fruits, sandwiches)
- Bring bottle of water
- Use Sunscreen even with cloudy weather
- Important: Use Repellent
- Use Sunglasses, Hat or Cap
- Carry with you only small amount of money
- Do not wear fancy watches or jewels
- Professional Photo cameras keep them in a bag when not in use
- Carry a copy of ID OR Passport